Director of Engineering
- Considered the technical leader of the engineering team.
- Directs the team of site managers responsible for day to day data center operations.
- Provides recommendations for tactical and strategic planning.
- Coordinates technical focused budgeting of both operating and capital expenditures across the data center portfolio.
- Portfolio coordination of the technical management plans and monthly performance reports.
- Direct responsibility for leading the development effort of portfolio wide operational procedures.
- Performs regular inspections of properties.
This person leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Monitors appropriate staffing levels and reports on utilization and deployment of human resources. Leads and supports staff in areas of staffing, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, measuring, appraising and rewarding performance and retention. Manages the planning, organization, and controls for a major functional area or department. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports. This person will ensure that health & safety standards are revered, and that all team-members participate with HSE training, safety meetings, etc. This person must have the ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.