Critical Engineering Technician – Electrical
- Strong knowledge of safety requirements within the work environment (OSHA, NEC, NFPA70E)
- Strong knowledge of UPS Systems and design.
- Strong knowledge of ATS, STS, and MTS designs and operations.
- Strong knowledge of maintaining electrical systems through IR scan, De- Energization, and Load Bank Testing.
- Strong knowledge of A/C and D/C volt electrical systems.
- Strong knowledge of NEC code requirements for electrical installs and repairs.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and their operations.
- Strong understanding of critical infrastructure and their redundancies (N, N+1, 2N, Tier levels, and failover systems).
- Knowledge of escalation procedures in a critical environment, and the ability to effectively communicate critical issues.
- The ability to effectively determine RCCA in a critical environment.
- Knowledge of CMMS, BMS, DCIM, and EPMS.
- Strong understanding of the power and cooling requirements for critical IT loads, and the ability to effectively determine the requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Visio), Adobe.
- Strong knowledge of blueprints, and schematics.
- Oversee vendor work.
- Knowledge of fire systems and their functions in a critical environment.
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to create detailed MOP’s, EOP’s, and SOP’s.
- Knowledge of Security procedures in a critical environment.
- Perform hands on repairs to electrical systems in a critical environment.
- On call available to respond to critical issues.
At the direction of the Critical Facilities Manager, maintains, monitors, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on critical equipment, which may include the following: mechanical (including, but not limited to, HVAC, computer room air conditioners, chillers, and plumbing) electrical (including, but not limited to, UPS, DC battery systems, PDU, generators, transfer switches, and switchgear), cabling (including, but not limited to, data and voice, broad band), fire detection and suppression, life safety, lighting, temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems (including fire alarm, duress, card access, CCTV). Other responsibilities include, the operation and maintenance of non-critical equipment such as refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, hot water systems. The CET also, monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and adjust where necessary, through controlled measures, to ensure proper operation of equipment. The CET will also be responsible for writing Method of Procedures, Emergency Operating Procedures, and overseeing their execution.
- Perform all work in strict accordance with Stream Data Centers critical operating procedures, standard operating procedures, and maintenance work instructions.
- Read blueprints, schematics, and effectively resolve equipment issues.
- Oversees all work efforts (including 3rd party contractors) for the safe and compliant operation, maintenance (corrective and preventive), and modification of critical equipment.
- Disables and enables fire alarm control panels and systems.
- Create and execute work orders, through the CMMS for preventative and corrective maintenance on critical systems and building physical structure.
- Consult with Critical facilities Manager to order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary repairs work.
- Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation in the CMMS
- Ensure all preventive maintenance, and corrective maintenance records are reviewed and stored properly.
- Available to cover 24/7 onsite shifts in the event of unplanned emergencies.
- Respond to on call issues and escalate to the Critical Facilities Manager.
- Perform BMS operations, and effectively analyze data to ensure proper functions of all critical systems.
- Analyze power and cooling efficiency and maintain adequate PUE throughout the facility.
- Perform RCCA analysis and report to the Critical Facilities Manager.
- Comply with Stream Data Centers departmental policies, and HSE policy and procedures.
- Oversee and manage various vendors to complete preventive and corrective maintenance
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in critical environment operations, maintenance, and/or engineering supporting critical facilities operations.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
State of Arizona Journeyman Electrical License, or State of Arizona Master Electrical License, or Completion of Navy Nuclear Training Program.
Ability to read, comprehend, and execute MOP’s, SOP’s, EOP’s, RCCA, blueprints, schematics.
Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, their redundancies, and determine the cause of any anomalies / malfunctions and initiate corrective action as required.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Basic skills in computer applications and software such as MS Office.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job