Location: Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Functions: Design and Construction
- Understand requirements from operations, leasing team or end customers.
- Identify and manage key stakeholders and frame project scope.
- Estimate project budget, project schedule and get internal approvals for execution.
- Enlist external consultants, contractors and vendors for Project design, procurement and execution.
- Discuss and understand key project risks and come up with strategies using available resources to manage them.
- Manage design from concept through permitting and execution. Interface with local jurisdictions to navigate permitting and licensing considerations
- Manage procurement of equipment and incorporation of longer lead items into project schedule.
- Manage General contractor, vendors and sub-contractors through the execution of the project.
- Monitor construction for safety and quality in conjunction with operations personnel.
- Manage budgets, billings and cashflow for the project and assist Stream’s accounting personnel
- Manage commissioning and testing process with 3rd party commissioning agents
- Manage close-out and turnover documentation and process for the benefit of the operations team.
- Evaluate lessons learned and implement process improvements at facility level.
- Mentor, develop and train project engineers and operations personnel for assisting in construction management at the facility level.
- Participate in performance evaluations, receive and provide constructive feedback to team members.
Successful candidates are expected to have the following:
- Integrity, strong moral compass
- Leadership, strong sense of responsibility for self and others on the team.
- Curiosity, desire to bring people together and help solve complex problems
- Humility, desire to help, serve, learn and grow in the data center industry
- Excellent personal organization and time-management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to adapt to varying team needs and project conditions
- Good listening and reading comprehension.
- Clear communication ability with diverse audiences in both vocal and written formats
- Ability to identify, strategize and resolve complex design, construction and operational problems
- Ability to break down complex problems into simpler tasks
- Ability to gather required information and make informed decisions in the interest of the project and the project stakeholders.
- Ability to discern and escalate issues where needed.
- Ability to inspire and motivate team to navigate challenging situations and enjoyment of the design and construction process.
- Strong work ethic, go-getter with can-do spirit
- Demonstrated working knowledge of data center design, construction and operations
- Demonstrated understanding of design and construction contracts and their administration, including the ability to interface with legal resources for crafting said documents.
- Ability to estimate costs and schedules, work with estimating and scheduling software
- Ability to read, understand and create construction budgets, schedules, invoices, lien waivers and other key documents.
- Ability to forecast labor, materials, contract commitments, billings and cashflows
- 5+ years in data center construction
- Education in architecture, engineering, construction management and / or training through trade schools desired but not required
- Proficient at reading, writing and basic arithmetic to tackle analytical nature of work
- Competence in Microsoft Office 365 Suite including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, Sharepoint