Stream Data Centers Security Department participates in designing each of our new data center building’s security infrastructure.
- Help design, build, and maintain Security infrastructure in SDC facilities.
- Participate in project management for all security system installations and upgrades.
- Collaborate with other departments during system design, implementation, and commissioning of New DC buildings to ensure projects are completed per VDC standards and all timelines are met.
- Monitor and maintain data center's Security systems to ensure that all customer's security needs are met and functional with maximum uptime.
- Generate reports as needed for DC Audits and as required by customers.
- Prioritize work schedule to minimize impact on customers.
- Create, manage, and maintain access levels for all sites.
- Retrieve video footage as requested or required for legal, law enforcement or operational review.
- Handle all service requests for site repairs and maintenance.
- Manage all security related vendors for installations, on-going service, and repairs to ensure timelines are met.
- Hands-on troubleshooting and repair as needed.
- Document all critical evolutions, lessons learned, and find possible efficiency gains in processes
- Support, and monitor vendor activities ensuring work activities meet scope of work and follow established procedures
- Develop and implement Standard Operations Procedures
- Lead tasks in accordance with client SLAs
- Respond as needed when system maintenance or complications arise
- Project Management Training or experience
- Management/Leadership training and/or practical application experience
- Must be able to create and deliver presentations to Directors/Senior Management
- Must be able to read construction blueprints/drawings
- Must be able to utilize existing SDC Physical Security Basis of Design and make updates as business need dictates or integrate a Client BOD as needed
- Ability to read, comprehend, and execute PS-BOD, GSOP, SSPO and training manuals. Ability to communicate site compliance requirements to employees, tenants, contractors, and guests.
- Ability to coach and lead staff members and/or contract personnel.
- Ability to development site security budget/costs
- Requires the ability to analyze various system data points to troubleshoot and determine maintenance needed. Ability to react to unusual situations and prioritize problems.
- Advanced skills in computer applications and software such as MS Office, Milestone VMS Lenel ACS and IPhone.
- 5+ years of experience managing security systems, required
- 3+ years of experience with Access Control Systems (ACS), Video Surveillance System (VSS) required
- Associate of Science degree, or equivalent experience, in Information Technology preferred
- In-depth, hands-on expertise with all low-voltage security technologies (CCTV, access control, IP networking and structured cabling
- Experience designing security systems for new buildings or facilities, to include placement of access control systems, cameras, and call buttons
- Project management experience leading large-scale projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholders
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft desktop and server operating systems, as well as Microsoft Office 365
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (IP addresses, MAC addresses)
- Lenel and Milestone certification highly desired or the ability to obtain certification
- Experience with Traka Systems
- Data Center experience is strongly preferred
- Able to plan, organize, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate internally with team members as well as externally with vendors and other service providers.
- Ability to lift 50lbs. Ability to maneuver packages of weights above 50lbs. with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
- Travel is expected to be less than 25%, but may be higher during construction projects
- Available day and night to escalate issues through the Corporate Security chain of command
- Will direct security technology commissioning at the end of a project
- Assist with resolution of security technology issues at SDC sites