The Chicago metro area has become a prime destination for data center operators, cloud service providers, and enterprise users. With a low risk for natural disasters, Chicago stands out as the third largest data center market in the nation.
Stream’s Chicago I Ready-to-FitTM Powered Shell is ready and available to provide data center customers with speed-to-market advantages of readily available robust fiber optic connectivity, reliable power infrastructure and immediate proximity to metro-Chicago amenities.
Illinois has competitive energy pricing with the smallest increase in average electric prices in the U.S. at 15.2%. Illinois’s ComEd smart grid has helped to deliver the most reliable power with second lowest power outage duration in the country.
Stream Chicago I Data Center Highlights
- 126,689 SF data center and colocation facility
- 70,000 square feet of data hall space
- 15 MW critical capacity support of 2N load, with additional expansion options to support larger requirements
- Enhanced with airside economizers to utilize free cooling
- Secured perimeter security fence and controlled access points
- Exceeds top-tier certification and compliance standards for design, ISO/IEC 27001, PCI DSS, HIPAA, SSAE 18 (SOC 1 Type II) compliance.
- Multiple network carrier connectivity options: ATT, CenturyLink, Comcast, GTT, Level3, Lightower (Crown Castle), Sunesys (Crown Castle), VinaKom, Verizon/XO, WOW, Zayo, with additional cloud connectivity solutions.
Why Choose Stream’s Chicago I Data Center?
- Stream’s Chicago I Data Center is on the smart gird which delivers the best power reliability and ranged 2nd lowest nationally for outage durations and top 10% for electric reliability.
- At 126,689 square feet capacity, this facility is one of the largest in the region and provides the ample space and power, to balance supply and demand to meet business needs.
- Stream’s Chicago Network and Cloud Services optimize network connectivity design for low-latency applications, adaptable bandwidth requirements and public cloud optimization. Multiple carrier rooms allow network and physical diversity access all the way to the hardware level.
- For Hyperscale or Private Data CenterTM solutions, Stream’s Ready-to-FitTM Powered Shell in Elk Grove Village provides control and flexibility for customers with customizable office space and build-to-suit service requirements.
Safe, Reliable Electricity Delivery
Strategically partnering with state and regional development stakeholders to expand Illinois’ diverse Business base, ComEd is providing record reliability, record Customer satisfaction, and innovative savings programs to 3.8M customers in Northern Illinois or 70% of the state’s population. Learn more about ComEd reliability >