The Chicago metro area has become a prime destination for data center operators, cloud service providers, and enterprise users. With a low risk for natural disasters, Stream Data Centers’ Chicago location stands out as the third largest data center market in the United States.
Stream’s Elk Grove Village Hyperscale Data Center was developed to provide data center customers with speed-to-market advantages. Those benefits include readily available robust fiber optic connectivity, the best in managed services and reliable power infrastructure. Illinois has competitive energy pricing with the smallest increase in average electric prices in the U.S. at 15.2%. In addition, Illinois’s ComEd smart grid has helped to deliver the most reliable power in the country. ComEd provides the second-lowest power outage duration in the country.
Stream Data Centers Chicago facility is in close proximity to downtown Chicago and offers immediate proximity to metro-Chicago amenities. The interconnected data center is only 22 miles from the core and less than nine from O’Hare airport.
Stream Data Centers Chicago Highlights
- 126,689 total SF data center and colocation facility
- 70,000 square feet of data hall space
- 15 MW critical capacity support of 2N load
- Enhanced with airside economizers to utilize free cooling
- Secured perimeter security fence and controlled access points
- Exceeds top-tier certification and compliance standards for design, ISO/IEC 27001, PCI DSS, HIPAA, SSAE 18 (SOC 1 Type II) compliance.
- Multiple network carrier connectivity options include ATT, CenturyLink, Comcast, GTT, Level3, Lightower (Crown Castle), Sunesys (Crown Castle), US Signal, Verizon/XO, VinaKom, Windstream and Zayo, with additional cloud connectivity solutions.
- Stream Data Centers’ Chicago location is on the smart grid which delivers in the top 10 % for power reliability. The facility is home to the nation’s 2nd lowest outage durations.
Safe, Reliable Electricity Delivery
Strategically partnering with state and regional development stakeholders to expand Illinois’ diverse business base, ComEd is the largest utility provider in Illinois. They provide record reliability, record customer satisfaction, and innovative savings programs to 3.8M customers in Northern Illinois. That’s 70% of the state’s population. Learn more about ComEd reliability >
Stream Network and Cloud Services optimize network design for low-latency applications, adaptable bandwidth requirements and public cloud optimization. Multiple carrier rooms allow network and physical diversity access all the way to the hardware level. Diverse fiber access is fed from separate vaults. Three (3) diverse telecom entrances with twelve (12) 4” conduits per entrance.
Attractive Tax Incentives
Stream Data Centers Chicago facility is part of an initiative by the State of Illinois to drive new IT jobs and infrastructure. The government’s $45 billion budget toward the digital economy includes tax exemptions for the purchase of IT equipment. This means savings for any tenant deployment in Stream Data Centers Chicago location.
Compliance and Certifications
- ISO/IEC 27001
- SOC 1, Type 1
- SOC 2, Type 2
- PCI DSS