Stream Data Centers is building a ready-to-fit hyperscale data center in Elk Grove Village, a suburb of Chicago with close proximity to O’Hare International and Metro-Chicago destinations.
When completed in late 2018, the newly constructed facility will offer 15MW of critical load and 123,947 square feet of data center space. Stream started with a newly constructed shell and then structurally enhancing the space to build a state-of-the-art Chicago data center.
Chicago has become a prime destination for data center operators, cloud service providers, and enterprise users. With a low risk for natural disasters, Chicago stands out as the third largest data center market in the U.S. The Stream Chicago Data Center opportunity provides customers with speed-to-market advantages offering robust fiber optic connectivity, reliable power infrastructure and immediate proximity to the entire Chicago metro.
Illinois has competitive energy pricing with the smallest increase in average electric prices in the U.S. at 15.2%. Illinois’s ComEd smart grid has helped to deliver the most reliable power with second lowest power outage duration in the country. Stream is focused on assessing demand for data centers and establishing the right facilities in the right places. The Chicago I Data Center and co-location facility will be available in fourth quarter 2018 to serve the cloud, financial, healthcare and other enterprise companies located in Chicago.
Stream Chicago I Data Center
- 123,947 SF facility with 70,000 SF raised-floor space data center and colocation facility
- Designed to withstand 185 mph winds and uplift
- Enhanced with airside economizers to utilize free cooling
- 70,000 square feet of raised floor space
- 15 MW critical capacity support of 2N load, with additional expansion options to support larger requirements
- Secured perimeter security fence, K-4 crash rated controlled access points, biometrics access and 24/7 on-site security
- Exceeds top certification and compliance: Tier III Design Standards, SOC 1, Type 1 SOC 2, Type 2, HIPAA and PCI DSS
- Multiple network carrier connectivity with Carrier connectivity include ATT , CenturyLink, Comcast, GTT, Level3, Lightower (Crown Castle), Sunesys (Crown Castle, VinaKom, Verizon/XO, WOW, Zayo, and Cloud connectivity.
Why Choose Stream’s Chicago I Data Center and Co-location facility?
Stream Chicago Data Center is on the smart gird which delivers the best power reliability and ranged 2nd lowest nationally for outage durations and top 10% for electric reliability.
At 123,947 square feet capacity, Stream’s Chicago Data Center is one of the largest in the city and provides the ample space and power, to balance supply and demand for your business to grow.
Stream’s Chicago Network and Cloud Services optimize network connectivity design for low-latency applications, adaptable bandwidth requirements and public cloud optimization. Multiple carrier rooms allow network and physical diversity access all the way to the hardware level.
Stream Ready-to-FitTM hyperscale data center in Elk Grove Village, is committed to providing control and flexibility to customers with customizable office space, built-to-suit services for Hyperscale or Private Data CenterTM solution.
Stream listens and responds to every customer’s specific concerns – to furnish the right product at the right time and ensure alignment across all design and construction channels.
Safe, Reliable Electricity Delivery
Strategically partnering with state and regional Development stakeholders to expand Illinois’ diverse Business base, ComEd is providing record reliability, record Customer satisfaction, and innovative savings programs to 3.8M customers in Northern Illinois or 70% of the state’s population.More About Network & Cloud Services