Stream Data Centers’ Chicago II data center in Elk Grove Village, Illinois is a 226,000 SF facility that will provide 32 MW of critical capacity at full build. Tenants benefit from excellent infrastructure, outstanding access to all major cloud providers, robust network connectivity and affordable renewable power options.
Why Chicago II
At 1925 Busse Road in Elk Grove Village, Stream Data Centers’ new Chicago-area facility is in close proximity to our recently completed Chicago I data center. In addition to excellent utility power and fiber infrastructure, benefits of the Chicago II data center include:
- 10.33-acre resilient site
- Support for high density deployments up to 60 kW per cabinet
- Power distribution via overhead busway or remote power panels (RPPs)
- 100% renewable energy options available
- Complete transparency via direct access to BMS data
- High efficiency air-cooled chillers support extremely low water usage
- Chilled water to the rack is available for high density deployments
- Network is optimized for low latency, adaptable bandwidth requirements and public cloud
- All network distribution is 100% redundant with no single points of failure
- Designed to meet TIA-942, ISO/IEC 27001, SOC 1 Type 1, SOC 2 Type 2, and PCI DSS standards
- 100’ setbacks and secured perimeter
- 24/7 security staffing and dual authentication
- Additional dedicated security solutions are available
We invest in your success through speculative development in markets where we see future demand and in locations where TCO can be optimized, risk is low, network connectivity is robust, and sustainability is easily achievable. Elk Grove Village certainly fits the bill and is fast becoming a prime destination for hyperscalers and enterprises alike.
Sales tax exemptions translate to deployment savings
As a qualified data center under the Illinois tax incentive program, Chicago II tenants receive a 20-year state and local sales tax exemption on data center and IT equipment purchases.
Power is low-cost and highly reliable
Electricity rates in Chicago are among the lowest of top data center markets. In addition, the power utility ComEd has a proven track record of above-average reliability.
Chicago is one of the country’s main peering and interconnection markets
With many local internet exchanges for peering, cloud on-ramps, and several local public cloud nodes, you’ll have reliable low-latency connectivity wherever you need to go.
Renewable energy options abound
Illinois is the country’s 8th largest generator of power from renewable energy, and customers of our Chicago data center find it easy to access renewable energy options.
Chicago is a great place to do business
Hyperscalers and enterprises alike are in good company in Chicago, which is home to 6,151 tech companies. 422 companies have expanded or relocated there in the last five years.
Click images for a larger view
Spec Sheet Request
* Indicates a required field