Houston I – The Woodlands
Stream Data Centers’ campus in The Woodlands, Texas, just outside of Houston, has 1.1 MW of adaptable turnkey capacity immediately available. Tenants benefit from the secure location, highly resilient infrastructure and ample connectivity options.
Why Houston I
Stream’s Houston area data center campus is optimally located in The Woodlands, on one of the region’s few controlled-development business parks. Benefits of the Houston I data center include:
- IEEE certified 99.9999% (six 9s) design
- Uptime Tier III Design Certified
- Optimal location outside 500-year flood plain
- 185 mph wind and uplift-rated building and equipment yard
- Dual underground utility power feeds from two substations
- 2N distribution to the rack
- Support for high density deployments over 30 kW per cabinet
- Chilled water to the rack is available for high density deployments
- Network-rich environment with a strong mix of local, long haul and dark fiber providers
- <1 ms roundtrip latency to major regional carrier hotels
- K-4 rated entry and front fence
- LEED Silver certified
We invest in your success through speculative development in markets where we see future demand and in locations where TCO can be optimized, risk is low, network connectivity is robust, and sustainability is easily achievable. The Woodlands certainly fits the bill.
Relatively low-cost power keeps TCO low
Electricity prices in Houston are among the lowest in the U.S.
Houston is a top 20 peering and interconnection market
With many local internet exchanges for peering, cloud on-ramps, and several local public cloud nodes, you’ll have reliable low-latency connectivity wherever you need to go.
Renewable energy options and incentives abound
There are more financial incentives and regulatory policies promoting renewable energy in Texas than any other state except California and Minnesota. By far the largest single renewable energy source in the state is wind. About 28% of all the U.S. wind-powered electricity was produced in Texas.
Houston is a great place to do business
Twenty-two Fortune 500 companies are headquartered in the Houston metro area. A key driver is the ease and relatively low cost of doing business.
Click images for a larger view