Houston Data Center – The Woodlands
Stream Data Centers provides a master-planned environment with its Houston data center, Houston I, strategically located in The Woodlands. This facility is ideal for Houston retail colocation, The Woodlands retail colocation or private data center with no proximity to industrial uses, rail lines or flight paths. Companies in the energy, oil and gas, healthcare, and financial services sectors can benefit from Stream’s Energy Procurement Services to optimize energy demands and its Critical Environment Services for mission-critical environments.
Houston is the largest city in Texas and home to over 25 Fortune 500 companies. It’s rich in resources with energy as the primary economic growth engine. Despite the recent energy industry decline and its impact on data center demand, the market remains healthy from these companies altering their IT strategies. Houston companies that would have historically leveraged capital dollars to build their own facilities are more inclined to lease space from the quality mix of data center providers with capacity in Houston. Furthermore, Houston’s evolving health care, nanotechnology, aerospace and information technology market is fueling additional demand from organizations interested in outsourcing their company’s IT infrastructure.
Stream’s Houston I Data Center offers businesses smartly configured floor plans designed to promote productivity in a beautiful environment. Stream’s concierge approach to customer service will provide a best in class experience, including interconnecting and scalable spaces, retail colocation suites and private data suites. Our enterprise-class infrastructure complete with a secure biometric authentication, 24/7 security staffing, and internet connectivity from the top providers.
Stream Houston I Data Center
Houston enjoys a central U.S. location, a reliable power and fiber infrastructure, virtually no risk of natural disasters, an international airport, a pro-business environment, and an extremely competitive and stable price for electric power from CPS Energy, the nation’s largest municipally owned gas and electric utility company with 30,000 sq ft raised-floor space.
- 74,901 SF freestanding, purpose-built data center
- 30 miles north of Downtown Houston; more than 75 miles from the Gulf Coast
- Designed to withstand 185 mph winds and uplift
- 7 days of on-site fuel storage at full load
- 3 Private Data Center Suites, each with 10,000 SF of raised floor space
- Each PDC Suite has independent infrastructure, no shared equipment, private A/B telco rooms and private Disaster Recovery office space
- Secured perimeter security fence, K-4 crash rated controlled access points, 24/7 on-site security
- Disaster Recovery office space backed by 2N generators
- Outside of FEMA’s 500-year floodplain
- Houston Retail colocation suites available
- Exceeds top certification and compliance: Uptime Tier III Design Certified, SOC 1, Type 1 • SOC 2, Type 2, LEED Silver, HIPAA and PCI DSS
Why Choose Stream’s Houston I Data and Colocation Center?
At 655 square miles, the City of Houston could contain the cities of New York, Washington, Boston, San Francisco, Seattle, Minneapolis and Miami so there is plenty of room workforce, businesses and real estate to locate in Houston.
You’ll never outgrow Stream with our flexibility to customers with customizable office space, built-to-suit services and retail colocation.
Stream provides access to public cloud providers, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and Oracle.
In 2017, during the 1,000-year rain and flood event of Hurricane Harvey, the Stream Houston facility remained completely accessible, available, and resilient during the storm, which remains unprecedented in scale.More About Retail ColocationMore About Network & Cloud Services