Minneapolis I & II
Stream Data Centers Minneapolis I, is just 25 miles from the Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport, in convenient proximity to nearby Fortune 500 companies and businesses in the commerce, finance, transportation and healthcare industry. To serve these mission critical industries, Stream focused on data center security and data center disaster recovery services in their data center facilities, retail colocation as well as private data center suites.
Stream built this large Minneapolis data center and colocation facility in Chaska, MN to help provide State of Minnesota tax benefits for businesses. The Minnesota sales tax exemption provides a substantial savings opportunity for Stream customers. Depending on the IT hardware used, the degree of sales tax savings can vary from $40 to $78/contracted kW per month. In addition, Stream Minneapolis I Data Center customers are exempt from personal property tax. So, depending on where you currently host your IT infrastructure, Stream estimates property tax savings worth an additional 2% to 6% of the value of IT asset base each year. Businesses looking for data center and retail colocation facility see substantial savings in network costs, property tax savings plus sales tax benefits with Stream Minneapolis I Data Center. Read more about Stream’s Minneapolis I tax savings.
Stream Minneapolis I Data Center
- 75,675 SF freestanding, purpose-built Minneapolis data center and colocation facility
- Designed to withstand 185 mph winds and uplift
- Enhanced with airside economizers to utilize free cooling
- 3 Private Data Center Suites, each with 10,000 SF of data hall space
- Each Minneapolis Private Data Center Suite has an independent infrastructure, no shared equipment, private A/B telco rooms, and private Disaster Recovery office space
- Ability to support high-density environments with multiple utility feeds from two different substations
- Disaster Recovery office space backed by 2N generators
- Secured perimeter security fence, K-4 crash rated controlled access points, biometrics access and 24/7 on-site security
- Exceeds top certification and compliance: Uptime Tier III Design Certified, SOC 1, Type 1, SOC 2, Type 2, LEED Silver, HIPAA and PCI DSS
- Multiple network carrier connectivity with Centurylink, Comcast, Level 3, Verizon, Zayo, MegaPort for public cloud access
Why Choose Stream’s Minneapolis I Data Center?
Stream Minneapolis I Data Center customers receive a 100 percent sales tax rebate and save significantly on property taxes for all technology purchases located in the building.
Stream is committed to providing control and flexibility to customers with customizable office space, built-to-suit services, and retail colocation.
Stream’s structurally enhanced Minneapolis I Data Center facility has redundant utility power from two different substations and is designed to support 7.2 MW of IT load across three data halls.More About Retail Colocation See Less