The Stream Data Centers Minneapolis I facility is just 25 miles from the Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport. It is located close to nearby Fortune 500 companies and businesses in the commerce, finance, transportation and healthcare industry. To serve these mission critical industries, Stream focused on data center security and data center disaster recovery services, retail colocation as well as private data center suites.
Stream built this data center and colocation facility in Chaska, MN to help provide tax benefits for businesses. The Minnesota sales tax exemption provides a substantial savings opportunity for Stream customers. Depending on the IT hardware used, the degree of sales tax savings can vary from $40 to $78/contracted kW per month.
In addition, customers of Stream Data Centers Minneapolis are exempt from personal property tax. Depending on your infrastructure location, you could save an additional 2% to 6% of the value of your IT assets each year. Businesses looking for a data center and retail colocation facility can save on network costs, property tax savings and sales tax Read more about tax savings you can leverage at Stream Data Centers Minneapolis.
Stream Minneapolis I Data Center
- 75,675 SF freestanding, purpose-built Twin Cities data center and colocation facility
- Designed to withstand 185 mph winds and uplift, fully protected from natural disasters
- Enhanced with airside economizers to utilize free cooling
- 3 Private Data Center Suites, each with 10,000 SF of data hall space
- Each Minneapolis Private Data Center Suite has an independent infrastructure, no shared equipment, private A/B telco rooms, and private Disaster Recovery office space
- Ability to support high-density environments with multiple utility feeds from two different substations
- Disaster Recovery office space backed by 2N generators
- Secured perimeter security fence, K-4 crash rated controlled access points, biometrics access and 24/7 on-site security
- Exceeds top certification and compliance: Uptime Tier III Design Certified, SOC 1, Type 1, SOC 2, Type 2, LEED Silver, HIPAA and PCI DSS
- Multiple network carrier connectivity with Centurylink, Comcast, Level 3, Verizon, Zayo for public cloud access
Why Choose Stream Data Centers Minneapolis?
Customers of Stream Data Centers Minneapolis receive a 100 percent sales tax rebate. You can save significantly on property taxes for all technology purchases located in the building.
Stream’s Minneapolis I data center offers control and flexibility to customers with customized office space, built-to-suit services, and retail colocation.
Stream Data Centers Minneapolis is a structurally enhanced facility that has redundant utility power from two different substations. The data center space is designed to support 7.2 MW of IT load across three data halls.