An internet search for Chicago Colocation will generally point users toward a cloud data center or colocation facility in the greater Chicago area, including options convenient to Elk Grove Village, Des Plaines, O’Hare and the LaSalle Street Station commuter rail.
Chicago colocation facilities are located in the Midwest region of the United States, an area that offers a limited risk of natural disasters such as earthquakes and hurricanes. Many of the data centers in Illinois are located in and around Chicago, where they serve large and small commercial businesses such as retailers, healthcare providers, and financial trading offices in the region.
Services provided at Chicago colocation facilities can include:
- Security (biometrics and video surveillance)
- Around-the-clock, fully redundant power
- Up to 2N uninterruptible power systems (UPS)
- On-site diesel-powered generators
- High-density power handling
- N+1 cooling
- Computer room air conditioning (CRAC) units
- Technology-neutral network with access to multiple carriers
- Multilayered security and monitoring systems
- 24/7 staffing to assist with smart hands and remote hands services