Smart Hands is an IT term that refers to responsive, hands-on service and support of technical issues that arise on-site at the customer’s location.
The phrase “smart hands” is sometimes used interchangeably with “remote hands,” but there are a few key differences:
Smart hands services are defined as:
- On-site support at the customer’s location involving the direct handling of equipment
- Responsive service to quickly handle emergencies
- Complex tasks such as:
- Multiplex cable configurations
- Testing and troubleshooting
Remote hands services are defined as:
- Tasks that don’t require the physical presence of a technician or direct contact with the equipment
- Routine service and simple troubleshooting
- Straightforward tasks such as:
- Monitoring and checking port numbers
- Rebooting servers
- Reporting indicators in the system
The best solution for most large companies is to partner with a data center or other IT partner that offers both smart hands and remote hands services.