Stream Data Centers’ energy procurement services enable customers to optimize their approach to competitive electricity markets, through a highly skilled team equipped with more than a decade of experience in competitive electricity markets. Our goal is to ensure that customers get the best pricing, contracts and billing terms, in order to drive bottom line savings or achieve risk mitigation.
Our professional energy services complement customer procurement efforts by arming them with an unbiased data-driven view of market conditions, retail electricity providers and energy-efficiency opportunities. Stream Data Centers’ energy procurement philosophy is based on a market-driven approach, positioning customer teams as active participants in volatile energy markets, as opposed to a passive position anchored to specific transactions or organizational calendars.
New Executive Brief: Capacity Markets, and How Pricing Knowledge is Power
All too often, data center users enter new markets and are greeted with unpleasant surprises on their energy spending. For those who are considering acquiring data center space in deregulated markets, such as Chicago, the Mid-Atlantic and Texas, this report is intended to drive transparency and uncover cost drivers that will impact your energy spend. Read Now
White Paper: Take Charge of Energy Spending
How energy procurement services can help your company get the best value in energy services contracts. Read Now
Stream’s experts leverage a combination of volume by square-footage and energy consumption management, with retail electricity industry know-how, to improve these and other results for customers:
- Provide an unbiased view of market conditions, current deals and retail providers competing in the market;
- Facilitate pricing, contracting and post-deal interfacing with energy retailers;
- Unbiased energy retailer recommendations, always soliciting multiple options and advice on the best fit for each circumstance.
Stream’s energy service options extend beyond commodity energy procurement to other concerns, such as:
- Master contracts and aggregations for multiple locations;
- Energy-efficiency rebate realization on capital projects;
- Advisory services in regulated markets.
For customers with corporate sustainability initiatives, services include:
- Negotiate power purchase agreements with renewable energy suppliers;
- Facilitate industry and government recognition programs including the EPA Green Power Partnership;
- Enable tracking and measurement of greenhouse gas emissions associated with facility energy consumption;
- Guide qualifying customers with participation in load-shedding and demand response programs.
All of these energy services are expertly provided by leveraging a history of success with:
- Direct engagements in the US Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Agency;
- Internal retail electricity provider experience;
- Strategic consulting for investment interests in the deregulated energy space